1. Established members are members that have a few extra features because they contributed something useful that
    this forum community. It's not actually hard to become an established member, but does require some minimal effort.
    Click here for more info
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Join LTN Telegram Group @ LTN TELEGRAM GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Rooting,Its Advantages and Disadvantages

Discussion in 'Android Hacks/Tips & Tuto' started by Olatunji, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Olatunji

Olatunji Addict Established

Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems.Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitations that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices. Thus, rooting gives the ability (or permission) to alter or replace system applications and settings, run specialized applications ("apps") that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are otherwise inaccessible to a normal Android user. On Android, rooting can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the device's operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system.

Advantages of Rooting – As a rule of thumb, root your phone if you really need to. But never out of a mere curiosity. So assuming you know what you are doing, the following are some of the advantages that come with rooting your Android phone.

Running special Apps – More often than not, users root their phone in order to use app that would not run in ‘un-rooted’ phones. Take, for instance, Superuser app; this will allow you to take control of which apps can access the root system. Once you root your phone, you will be able to tether your PC to your Android phone. Enabling you to connect to the internet on your PC using the phone’s data connection.

Free up Memory – On a ‘un-rooted’ phone, whenever you install an app, it gets stored on the phone’s internal memory. By rooting, you will be able to move installed apps to the SD Card, and thus free up the system memory for more app or files storage.

Custom ROM’s – Perhaps the best feature of a ‘rooted’ phone. Once rooted you can have one of the hundreds of custom ROMs available that will allow them to do a wide variety of functions. Including speeding up the processor and giving the phone a completely new and different feel.

Disadvantages of Rooting Your Phone
    Rooting immediately voids your phone's warranty. After they are rooted, most phones cannot be serviced under warranty.
    Rooting involves the risk of "bricking" your phone. A bricked phone is no better than carrying around a brick in your pocket. The phone is dead and unusable. Combine that with the first disadvantage, and you have a now-useless phone that cannot be repaired under warranty.
    Poor performance. Although the intention of rooting a phone is to improve the phone's performance, some users have found that, in their attempts to speed up the phone or add additional features, the phones lost both performance speed and features.
    Viruses. Even phones can get viruses. A common practice that people do with rooted phones is to flash their ROMs with custom programs. Whenever you make changes to the software code, you run the risk of introducing a V*rus.

However, you should really think twice if not thrice about rooting your phone. Don’t be lured by the possibilities of having a rooted phone. Sure an unlocked phone can be a very powerful device. But if things go south, it will become bricked.

2. Loading...

3. thafweshgeek

thafweshgeek Guru Established

Rooting is my hubby.

Olatunji likes this.
  4. dogud

dogud Forum Knight Established

good......

Olatunji likes this.
  5. Omojola Oluwaseun

Omojola Oluwaseun Journeyman Established

Nice post